Countdown to the Presidential Election

Monday, September 17, 2007

Some Things Should Not Change

Last week I heard on the radio that Taps would no longer be played by a bugler for burials a Jefferson Barracks Cemetery (Click Here), rather the rendition of Taps will be played via electronic device which is embedded inside a fake bugle which would be held by a person acting like they were performing Taps.

This is just the most ridiculous and demeaning way to save a buck that I have ever heard. The reason for this "new policy" is budget constraints due to the war. I don't believe that excuse for a second. Somewhere there is some bureaucrat that decided he didn't want this to continue. I know it wasn't a politician's idea, because suggesting or endorsing this would be political suicide.

Put simply this is government at its worst.

I would like to see how many generals, admirals or colonels want this iPod/bugle thing played at their funerals.

I would also like to ask our political leaders if they could scrap a pointless pet project and fund a program that should have never been cut in the first place.

1 comment:

whistleblower said...

I agree. I'm sure that finding more buglers to volunteer would not be very difficult. Those that play the trumpet can pick up the bugle quite easily. Look at all of the musicians that exist in a city. From high school on up, I'm sure that most of those that play would be honored to play for a fallen hero.

Let me know next time they need a bugler. I'll make a few phone calls. I'd be willing to bet that I could get a bugler for every funeral.

Ah the Glory of a Communist Factory

The Clinton Admn. Policy on Terrorism

The Clinton Admn. Policy on Terrorism
Credit: Diana Walker